I’m excited to start a new series on Rafa-kids Blog.
I’ve always wanted to get to know better the families who decide to invite Rafa-kids into their homes. It makes me so happy to see pictures of children’s rooms on Instagram with our furniture, but there is so much more behind a beautiful image.
Please welcome Andrea from @teoyolivia who agreed to talk with us today. I was charmed by the simplicity of her home whit 3 kids (!) and calm and modern atmosphere. Would you like to know more ?
1. Could you shortly introduce yourself?
My name is Andrea, and I am a landscaper and mother of three kids. We live in Galicia, in the north of Spain, and I have the environmental sciences degree and work for the government, in the landscape area.
2. Why did you choose this place and neighborhood for your family?
When my husband and I moved to our new house in the countryside of Santiago de Compostela., we were excited to have a big house in the field to increase our family. Having a garden and big spaces for our kids could play was a dream for us. But what we like most about this house, besides being very spacious, was the light.
3. Could you tell us a bit more about your three kids?
Teo is my big boy, and he is eight years old, Olivia is almost seven years old, and Mauro is our little one, he is 3!!. We are very lucky parents, all three of them are nice, calm and kind kids, so it was easy for us became a big family.
4. How does the typical day look like for your gang?
Mmmm, Mauro and Teo can´t live without Legos!!! so our house is full of Star Wars figures and creativity. Olivia adores handcrafts and doll´s houses (she is the biggest fan of Maileg little mice). The perfect winter plan for them is spending the day at home, in pajamas, playing in their bedrooms. At summer we love going to my parents summer house to enjoy the beach and take some surf lessons.
5. Your style is very minimal. Is having children influencing it in any way?
Of course, it is…. When you have three kids toys appears everywhere, so I need having clear spaces and buy just quality toys and furniture that hols many years.
6. What are your children’s rooms like and what were the significant decisions to decorate them?
The first room we decorate when we moved to our home was Teo and Olivia’s apartment. We wanted a huge cozy room full of light and space to play, so we chose white and natural woods as well as soft unisex tones for the accessories.
When I was a girl, I always dreamed of having a bunk bed in our room so from the first moment I was sure that it would be the central element of their room. I designed a triple bunk bed so they could invite friends and enjoy fun pajama parties.
Toys, pictures, and decorative elements are always moving in our house and given that they are unisex and show those wonderful soft tones they are perfect for every corner.
7. Of course, we are curious why did you choose Rafa-kids R toddler bed and whether this choice was yours or your kids?
Mauro’s nursery came later, before he was born I already knew that Rafa-kids R toddler bed was going to be the unique piece on his room. I am enthusiastic of simplicity of the designs, the natural wood, the soft colors… I never doubted about this little bed, it was so sweet for his nursery room!!
I also picked a couple of special pieces, like a little wood desk and the Miffy lamp.
8. With the impressive 37K followers on Instagram we can imagine, that many looks at you account for inspiration. How important is Instagram for you? What are your favorite accounts and why?
Instagram is just a hobby for me. I see my account as a nice gallery but nothing more. After all, this is Instagram, not my real life, but a place to look for inspiration and discover special things, a little window for disconnect at the end of the day and meet people related to you, with your same tastes. And this is the best of Instagram, the people you know (I’ve come to does virtualize and meet instagramer moms who have become friends) and the love that your followers give you.
9. And lastly, could you reveal one of your guilty pleasures? A bottle of beer at the end of the day next to my husband and kids in San Vicente do Mar, our little paradise at the beach.