Have you already slept in linen? If you did, probably you don’t need to read this post any further, as I’m sure you already love it! I convinced a few of our friends to give it a try, and they are surprised about how great it was. I think many of us unfortunately have not positive connotation with linen. Either we feel that it is too hard for our skin, too wrinkly or we remember it from our grandmother’s tablecloth in the kitchen, which we can’t imagine as a perfect material to sleep under.
Well, things have changed, and happily, we have now amazing stonewashed linen used for producing the bed linen. What’s that? Linen fabric is being placed in a industrial machine washer and filled with large stones. When the wash cylinder starts rotating, it causes the bed linen to be repeatedly pounded and beaten by rocks riding up and down inside the drum. This way the stones abrade the fabric, and we get that slightly worn-out, comfy and beautiful linen duvet cover. We are also assured that after this treatment, our bedding will not be shrink or change colour after each wash.
Do you know that cotton sheets will last around 3-5 years, before showing signs of wear? Linen fabric, however, is only starting to shine after three years of usage. Stonewashed bed linen is considered to be luxurious, but that’s so worth investing our money.
We are so glad to have in our collection stonewashed linen in Adult size but also for the toddlers. I remember few years ago how difficult it was to find small classic White Junior size bedding for my son. I ended up making one by myself!
Please have a look at our Stonewashed Linen Collection at Rafa-kids .
We are thinking of adding some new colours!
Few more important info to convince you :
• Linen is one of the oldest fabric produced by humankind. Is there anything more beautiful than the natural colours and texture it has?
• Linen is an ecological choice. Groundwater is saved since linen requires no irrigation. Instead, it uses rainwater to grow. The cultivation of linen maintains the healthy diversity of the ecosystem.
• Linen is a sustainable choice because it lasts from generation to generation. It only gets better over time.
• Linen is a strong natural fabric with a beautiful shimmer, breathing and dirt repellent quality.
• Linen is naturally hypoallergenic and anti-bacterial.
• Rafa-kids stonewashed linen bedding is 100% long-staple linen yarn grown and spun in Europe.