Today we have our second interview for you in a series Q&A with Rafa-kids customers. This time we are lucky to have the opportunity to visit a beautiful home in Berlin! Do you remember the first Blog post when we traveled to Spain?
In Rafa-kids Q&A series we would like to know better the families living behind beautiful pictures. Victoria has a great taste and passion for interior design. For me, there is no surplice she reached 57K followers on tthese_beautiful_thingss Instagram account. I’m excited to know her better and learn how she managed to create her elegant and modern home. Should we start it?
1. Could you shortly introduce yourself and tell us about where do you live and with whom?
I am Viktoria , 33 years old and I live with my 3 children and my husband in Berlin. Gabriel is 8, my daughter Medina is 6 and my youngest Adam is 3. Although I’m not a city girl, I love it here. Nevertheless, at the moment we are looking for a new home with a garden. I’ve always loved art, music and everything that has to do with Interior, decor and design. I love vases (especially white ones) and can’t get enough of lamps / lights and fresh flowers dresses.
2. I noticed you don’t talk much about yourself on Instagram, so I’m sure many people are curious about what do you do for the living. Do you have a background in photography and interior design?
By occupation, I’m a stylist and make-up artist. In the past, I was more interested in architecture and beautiful interior spaces. Now I’m staying at home mom and really appreciate that I have time for my kids and hobby – Instagram.
3. How do your children react to constant changes around the rooms? Do they have an input into the processes of decoration?
It is different, for all my kids. Sometimes they do not recognize it if I change something, but the most important is that it makes them happy. My daughter is not always enthusiastic, so we need to change everything again from time to time. She wants a high bed, and I promised her she would get it when she will go to school. I do not have much time left !
4. Do you find it difficult to keep the children rooms in the same style as the “ adults” ones? What is your favourite decoration elements and spot in the house you like to decorate the most?
It’s not hard for me to play with the interior decoration all around our home. I find our children’s rooms very much childish and super practical. I like the design classic and that they are efficient and sustainable. I try to create children’s room less colourful and to keep it calm and quiet style. My son needs to concentrate on his homework. Believe me, if the kids open their cabinets … it’s all colourful 🙂
5. Which three words would describe your style the best.
Cozy, timeless and yet modern.
6. I discovered you via Instagram, can you tell us when did you started and what this social canal means to you?
I started my Instagram account in July /August 2017; it was only for fun! But the first time I showed the kids room, it was only one night that I got 2000 new followers! It was amazing. Then it gives me a good boost of energy to keep going and to be even more creative. I have so many ideas all the time. What does it mean me? I enjoy it so much.
7. Of course, we are curious why did you choose Rafa-kids XL shelf and whether this choice was yours or your kids?
I admire the mix of fantasy and practical part of its design. I thought I would never have a spot for it. First I was planning to hang it above the bed the S shelf, but Agata convinced me the XL shelf limited edition would be looking beautiful there! The XL shelf is just perfect, for me personally there it’s 1. Super elegant and 2. very much practical. It has his character, and that’s what I love about furniture.
8. What would be your advice for someone which would like to show more home interior via Instagram? What are your trick and treats, and no goes? For example, I see you always photograph with natural light, is this always specific time of the day ? Do you use any favourite camera and editing programs, as I assume your beautiful pictures are not made by phone?
Ohhh there is so many things! I could talk about it for a long time. I’m very much inexperienced and learned all without any school or help. I’m not the person who ask for support, which I realize could be useful when I look at my old pictures today. But I always found it essential on photography to do it within the sunshine of a daylight. The best will be frontal and if possible with a focus on what it’s important. The edit is a must! I work with Lightroom and from time to time with vsco. I only take pictures with a professional camera since February. Before that, I photographed everything with the iPhone and was always satisfied. But I want to improve, and keep learning!
9. And lastly, could you reveal one of your guilty pleasures?
I’m a buying addict and can save money for a designer lamp or a designer bag.
THANK YOU you so much Viktoria for taking your time and sharing with us your experience.
Would you like to you see more from Victoria life and get inspired by her amazing pictures :
please follow her on Instagram tthese_beautiful_thingss